BACKGROUND (Might be hard to understand to some people)
I decided i wanted to create a Graphic user interface that allowed you to navigate through copland os like interface in the computer. However, due to vista's new GUI, i decided to wait, and due to recent linux XGL implementation of 3d acceleration, i decided i would wait until those 2 Operative system's would get more fan base before attempting to create some kind of lain based scheme for them.
So, i'm programming a 3d game with some friends (http://m3dc.mindict.org) unfortunately, because of my work, school and other project's my buddies and me are working on, we have not been able to advance a lot.
However i decided that i wanted to increase my 3d programming experience, due to this, i'm going to create a screensaver, using 3d hardware acceleration (It means it will be nice and colorful people)
- The screensaver will not be lain images with effects.
- It will try to emulate copland O.S
- It will be like a automatic demo, of an user's perception of the wired and computer world
- It wont only be a screen about copland os, it will actually try to simulate that there's a virtual user using the navi
In the configuration dialog, you insert your name, then when the screensaver runs, it automatically welcomes the user using the same way it welcomes lain in the anime.
After some time, the virtual user will load an application that will look like lain's Playstation game
I'm thinking about the possibility of this application to be the automatic media loader of the screensaver.
- The virtual user will navigate through the zone's of the wired, in the same way it was in the game.
What content will it be displayed:
- I'm really aiming for those messages that were shown in the anime.
- Maybe images that would suit the lain universe.
- Small chat's with users refering to the wired or the lain universe (Now this is the good part)
Of course the virtual copland os will take information about your computer, such as brand, speed, memory etcetera, this way it will be displayed on the screen making more depth.
Of course i do receive suggestions, and i actually encourage you to send them to me.
I do not know if anyone is excited about this, because i really are!
I will continually release upgrades about this screensaver, because i want to start this weekend and constantly upgrade new things to this.
Perhaps i'm going to create a wiki for this screensaver.
Please if you want to contact me use msn: ubaldon10 @ hotmail.com
I hope there is someone out there interested.
Oh, and i'm still looking for a name for this project.